Businesses involved in import and export must have this code IEC for the continuous operation of the business. Without these codes, it is impossible to either import or export. Technology and Service sectors are however exempted from this code.
The IEC is a 10 digit unique code. It is issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade.
How we work
You need to submit the following documents-
- PAN cards, identity proofs and address proofs of the partners/ directors /proprietors
- Private limited companies need to submit MoA and AoA, Form 32, Form 18 and the certificate of incorporation
- Partnership firms need to submit agreement of the partnership
- Four passport size photographs of proprietors/directors/partners
- MSME registration in case of manufacturer
- A scanned copy of the company’s letterhead
The application in the prescribed form that is Aayaat Niryaat Form 2A (ANF 2A) will be sent to the Regional Authority of the Directorate General of Foreign Trade. In the next two to three days, the IEC will be issued to you. If there is any document missing, the process might take a few days longer.